Terms and Conditions for the DeafIT Conference 2020/2021
- The participation fee for the DeafIT conference includes the services stated on our website.
- For registrations until 17th September 2020, applies the indicated Early Bird Ticket price. After that, the specified normal ticket price is valid until the December 14th, 2020 and the remaining late ticket prices up to Februrary 26th, 2021 and online ticket prices will be valid until 10th March, 2021. Price changes are subject to change.
- The participation fee is available directly at Eventbrite where you can buy the ticket.
- Participation is only possible if a valid ticket for the online conference is available. In the case of discounted tickets for students and the unemployed, proof must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket is also valid for the online conference on the DeafIT website. For the online conference, the order number (you will receive this when you purchase a ticket via Eventbrite) is required to participate in the live stream on the DeafIT website.
- Tickets can be cancelled free of charge up to 30 days before the start of the conference with a refund. After this time, a cancellation with a refund is no longer possible.
- If the event is canceled by the event organization, contributions already paid will be refunded. There are no further claims against the organization.
- If the event is postponed, the registrations remain valid.
- The organizer reserves the right to make conditional changes to the program due to current events.
- Product and brand names are generally registered trademarks of the respective companies.
- You acknowledge that the DeafIT Conference 2021 will feature image, video and sound recordings of you. The online conference will be video recorded throughout and the materials will be reused by DeafIT and not shared with third parties. The only exception is for our technology partner SamuraIT UG, which may use the materials for its own promotional purposes, but may also not pass them on to third parties. If you do not wish to do so, please contact the orga team before the conference starts.
- You acknowledge that the images, videos and other material created by you during the online conference are your property. and sound recordings may also be used, among other things, via screencast, screenshots or similar in accordance with the available information for press and public relations work.
- Any image, video and sound recordings via screencast, screenshots or similar are not permitted.
- Passing on and misuse of content, link and login data from the online conference are not permitted.
- For smooth participation in the online conference, each participant is responsible for his/her own technical means, as well as for keeping the software up to date and meeting the system requirements. Please note the technical requirements..
- DeafIT accepts no liability whatsoever for any network faults that may occur on its own premises or on the Internet, and there is no entitlement to reimbursement or consideration/compensation of expenses of any kind. Furthermore, DeafIT cannot be held financially accountable for network failures or technical problems that are the responsibility of the network operators themselves.
- You agree that the DeafIT team will inform you by e-mail about the DeafIT conference, topics, offers, questions and wishes.
- The DeafIT Conference 2021 is an event of the DeafIT team in the Deaf Association Munich and Umland e.V. The copyright for all contents of the event lies with the organizer.
Code of Conduct during the conference and online conference
The DeafIT conference should be an event for everyone, where all visitors feel integrated and can participate in a variety of ways. Therefore, there are also at every DeafIT conference, in addition to the conditions of participation:
A behavioral code, the so-called Code of Conduct.
- We want to offer our participants a harassment-free conference experience, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, physique, ethnicity or religious affiliation.
- We don´t tolerate any harassment of conference participiants. Sexualized language and representations are undesirable at the conference.
- This includes the venue, the lectures, workshops and celebrations, as well as social and other media.
- Participants who violate these rules will be subject to sanctions by the DeafIT team, including a reprimand from the conference without refund of the entrance fee.
DeafIT motto is „Focus on excellent network!“
The DeafIT team would be very pleased if the focus is on our commonalities and interests and if we treat each other with acceptance and respect!